With the continued advances in DNA technology and growing popularity of ancestry DNA, stories of decades old cold cases finally seeing resolution and long-awaited justice have swept across the nation. For example, who hasn’t heard about the identification of the infamous Golden State Killer after decades through ancestral DNA. Join us to learn about another case from right here in Wisconsin, that of Traci Hammerberg, that was finally brought to closure through the wonders of ancestry DNA and an investigative team that refused to give up.
- Murder of Traci Hammerberg – Wikipedia
- Police ID suspect in 1984 murder of Saukville teen Traci Hammerberg (jsonline.com)
- Ozaukee and Washington County News Summary (jsonline.com)
- Ethan Allen School for Boys – Wikipedia
- Jackson Sparks’ brother to throw first pitch at Brewers home opener (tmj4.com)